Tuesday, April 12, 2011

early bloomers!

   oh Spring!  It's almost here, I know it's trying.....the signs are everywhere!  The grass is getting lush & green, the bulbs are blooming, robins are hopping about; all we need is a little more warmth & sunshine & we'll be there  :>   I'm so excited this year because our new Bradford Pear trees are blooming for the first time & they're just beautiful!  We've lost several big trees over the past few years from our front yard and it was looking bare, so for our anniversary last summer Randy surprised me with two new flowering trees.....his & hers  LOL  I love looking out my windows & seeing their beautiful, white blooms.  This spring I'm going to add a few Forsythia bushes, another early bloomer (with a little TLC you can force some early blooms to enjoy indoors as early as Feb. - love that!)  So here's a few pics. of my new beauties.

   I know I sound way too excited about some trees but those who know me know that I truly am a "tree hugger"  LOL  I remember celebrating the very first Earth Day.....our class went & cleaned up a park near our school.  I loved it & I still love the idea of Earth Day & I celebrate it in some small way each year, it's probably something we need now more than ever before.  So if you can, try to do a little something for Earth Day (April 22nd) if you get the chance, Mother Nature will surely appreciate it!
   Now for some blooms of the paper kind.   I have a spring-y card to share today that has lots of fun flowers.  Starting with this blooming paper from Basic Grey, such great colors, I love it!  I also used a cool printed flower & layered it with a fun handmade flower and finally a teeny, tiny, bling-y little bloom to accent the simple sentiment. 

   I also used some pp's from Paper Studio & Daisy D's (this fun green check is one of my all-time favorites!) as well as journaling spots from CTMH, tiny-type alpha stickers from Cosmo Cricket and these great chipboard borders that I got on clearance at Archiver's.  With it's sweet, simple message I think this card could be used for many occasions.

   So hopefully our chilly, breezy days are dwindling away and soon Spring will be in full swing.  Until then I'll just keep creating with my paper flowers & dreaming of warm, sunny days and playing in the dirt with some real bloomin' beauties.  Have a great day and thanks for looking,  delisa

No comments:

Post a Comment