Thursday, September 2, 2010

do opposites really attract ???

Do opposites really attract...sometimes, maybe, I don't know!  But it did make for a fun challenge at 365 Cards. I have to give it to Pam, the blog hostess, she really does come up with some creative challenges!  So this is for Day 184 and it's called "opppsites attract". The challenge is to use 2 colors on your card: one that you like alot & one that you don't really like very much. You can use shades of these colors along with some white/black but your 2 colors must be dominant.  I love purple but cranberry, wine & deep shades of red are not colors that I use very often or like all that much.  So these were the colors I chose for my card and I was surprised that they worked together as well as they did :>  I used cs from Bazzill, patterned papers from MM & Paper Studio, glitter chipboard & metal tag from MM, fuzzy chenille rickrack from my stash and a bling-y purple brad from Jo-ann's.The flower is handmade and a simple little technique to do using punches circles folded into thirds.
   With it's bling & sparkle I thought this would be a great "congrats" card for someone special.  I've had these papers for awhile so it was great to use them as I'm still on my mission to reduce my stash of supplies (did I mention I'm going to Archiver's tomorrow with some scrappin' friends)  LOL  oh, well!  Thanks again to Pam for a great challenge, I enjoyed it     delisa

2 comments:

  1. I love this card Delisa and the flower is fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed the challenge - you definitely created a beautiful card for it!

    ReplyDelete