Tuesday, August 31, 2010

bye, bye sweet August! CPS #182

The last day of August is heading into evening & I sure do hate to see it go!  I know it's not the official end of Summer but it feels like it so I made one more Summer-y card today to say farewell to my favorite month.  I tried to capture the feel of bright, sunny days & beautifully colored Summer flowers.  I found a great sketch over at CPS #182 and used it as my design inspiration.  The supplies I used are kraft CS from Jo-ann's, the bright funky papers & "pops" layered sticker are from Basic Grey (sugar rush & origins), the flower is from the $1 bin at M's, the tiny gems are from The Paper Studio, the ribbon & button are from my stash & the alphas are from Momenta, The Paper Studio & Bazzill.  I used a little white paint on the edges & the Clouds decorative scissors by Fiskars to cut the scalloped strip.  I like the loud colors & the crazy mix of accents on this card, it's a sweet goodbye to a wonderful August.  Thanks for looking at my card,  delisa


6 comments:

  1. Delisa, this is precious, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all the color! fan of pink and owls good job:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is really stunning! Love the design and what fabulous colors!!! Hugs, Karen

    P.S. If you love challenges you are sure to love my new blog: www.felineplayful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors... what a great card! You really should consider entering your creations over at the Papercraft Star challenge blog, the challenges are posted way in advance so you have plenty of time to enter and you can win prizes too! http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete