Monday, August 30, 2010

Digging Deep/Going Green

Hello everyone, hope you're having a great day!  After a week of "stay-cation" & hubby being around it was nice to get back to the regular routine of things :>  We had some wonderful days of boating & dining out but not much time for creating so I was ready for a challenge this morning.  I came across this cool challenge at 365 cards called "digging deep" and it's all about gathering & using things you've had for awhile but never used.  Lately I've been trying to do exactly that, use up things that I've had for awhile and I LOVE doing that as I have quite a stash of art supplies.  I like to think of it as green crafting :>  I also got very lucky with this challenge because you have to use at least 2 sheets of patterned paper that you've never used before and I just got this cool paper pack called "Material Girl" from Cosmo Cricket & have been dying to use it on a card so I started with that.  I also used some of my favorite dotted paper from BoBunny on the little leaf of the flower. I used a diecut tag & tiny type alpha stickers from Cosmo Cricket.  The chipboard alphas are from Heidi Swapp and probably 2 yrs. old, I inked & distressed them to match my card.  The ribbon is at least 6 mos. old (from Offray), the buttons are vintage ones from my stash, the stick pins are from Jo-ann's & Dritz, rub-on alphas from Karen Foster, stamp set , from EK Success & never used (I used it on the little tag inside of the pocket), inks from Tim Holtz (old paper) & Color Box (aquamarine)!  That's quite a list :>  This was a fun challenge & I enjoyed using supplies that have been sitting around too long.  Thanks for looking at my card & happy crafting this week,  delisa


3 comments:

  1. I love it. This is one of my fav paper lines! Thanks for joining us at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Green crafting" - great concept! And this card is fabulous - I love the little pocket/tag.

    ReplyDelete