Thursday, August 19, 2010

Splitcoast stampers easy paper flowers !

Hi everyone!  Another beautiful day here in my town :>   Handmade flowers are getting more & more popular and I love seeing them on cards, layouts & other paper projects.  So the other day I came across a wonderful tutorial on splitcoaststampers  website for making these easy, kinda shabby style flowers.  The steps are all there along with photos to show exactly how to do it, and if that's not enough there's also a short video showing a flower being made.  So this is probably one of the easiest handmade flowers to make...you've got to try this, you'll love it.  I made up several flowers in different sizes and was so pleased with how quick & easy they are!  I used them on this sweet "just because" card (I like to send cards to family & friends for no special occasion except just because I miss you & love you...aw, shucks.)  The pp's I used are BoBunny dots, MME & Lasting Impressions solids.  The tag is from K&CO and the rub-on if from mini marks by American Crafts.  I used a strip of quilling paper to make the stems & a tiny touch of twill to finish.  I like to layer different techniques on my cards, I think it's fun and adds alot of interest to the card.  I used 4 techniques on this card:  painting (along the outer edges),  machine stitching, distressing (the edge of the tag) and decorative scissors.  They're subtle little touches that I love to add and seem to be staples on most of my cards.  I will be trying more handmade flowers & I will share them with you & I'd love to see any that you might find.  Have a great day,  delisa

No comments:

Post a Comment