Tuesday, March 1, 2011

happy one-sie!!!

   Hello!  Happy March!!  It's a beautiful day here in the midwest.....sunny & almost 50 today, whoo hoo!  we need a nice day.  Hopefully spring will not be too long in coming.  I have a fun project to share with you today, it's a little album for my great niece's 1st birthday. I found these cute little chipboard albums shaped like a onesie at Archivers and thought it would be perfect to celebrate turning one  :>  I bought several of these & I'm thinking I may be making more of them (for grandma & great grandma).  It was so much fun making this for such a sweet & happy little girl, I really enjoyed working on it.



   I used papers that I already had in my stash & just a few little embellishments.  I didn't have alot of pictures to work with either so I tried to get creative with what I had and I reallly like how the "flower frames" turned out.  I think my favorite page of the album is the yellow one with "happy" on it,  I just adore this picture of Poodle (her family nickname) because she's always such a happy baby and this captures her perfectly.  The yellow outfit was embossed on Coredinations cs and lightly sanded.  The big polka dot flower is from a tin of chipboard that I've had for a few years and the fun dotted alphas were a bargain buy at Tuesday Morning (I know.....ya never know where you're going to run into some cool scrapbooking supplies.)




   I just love this yummy little felt cupcake with the sweet embroidery stitching.....oh, so sweet!  It's from the "woolies" line of felt stickers by one of my favorites, Basic Grey, the package says "super cute woolie felt stickers with just a wee bit of stitching, buttons and bling"!  I love it!  I also used lots of the little alpha stickers, love those too, they seem to be just the right size for cards & small projects.  I also used an embossing folder on the white page and trimmed the little collar & cuffs with tiny pearl strands (J's) and added a pink handmade rose.






   I cut a scalloped edge on the pink page with decorative scissors and added fun button snaps to the bottom.  I layered on some flowers and dressed them with a bow & a tiny sparkly flower.  What a sweet baby!  For the last page/back cover I used simple, sweet pink gingham & a fun frame from Cosmo Cricket along with a really old chipboard heart from Heidi Grace that goes perfectly.  A shimmery double bow & birthday wishes complete my gift album for this precious little one.  You could use the chipboard pages separately for some really cute cards also, I would add my bow where the little hole is and put the sentiment on the back.  So many cute things you could do with these!



Last , but not least, I had to make a card to celebrate the big day so here are a few pics. of that. 
I like the fun colors & the orange & pink glittered tiger just makes me smile!  The rub-on sentiment has a little shimmer to it also, I don't know if that shows in the pics.  I used decorative scissors, a tiny bit of bling and layered on some flowers topped with a little stack of buttons. 


It's so nice to have little girls in the family & get a chance to use all of the soft, sweet, pink-y things that girls love. I hope you all have a great day.....enjoy this beautiful sunhsine, I'm going outside to do just that. Thanks for looking at my project & I'll see you soon, delisa




1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet Delisa, you are so talented! When I grow up I want to be just like you. :-*

    ReplyDelete